Art Show Fundraiser Setup Parties

Holds posts for RCCA Certified Divers from 2018

Moderators: dabbott, rcinfo, smcmillan, janfreiwald, Tristin.McHugh

vincechristian

Art Show Fundraiser Setup Parties

Postby vincechristian » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:18 am

Hi Reef Checkers,

I recently opened an art gallery in downtown Oakland and decided that my first show will be a marine-art educational fundraiser for Reef Check. It is a large space, and I plan to fill it with photos, paintings, sculptures, and educational displays about the ocean and the problems it is facing. The gallery will also have an actual kelp forest that you can walk through. I started building the frame for it yesterday. I will do as much as I can with the time I have, but I can really use help building the displays and setting everything up. I need help matting, framing, and hanging photos; building the kelp forest (holdfasts, stipes, and blades) and animals to put in it; making glass jellyfish and glass fish to hang from the ceiling; setting up video monitors; making educational displays; making, printing, and distributing flyers; and many other things.

If you have time please sign up for any or all of the following weekend work parties. I will supply tools, materials, instructions, and alcohol. You just need to show up. I'm setting the parties up on the weekends because that is when most folks are available, but you can also volunteer on a weekday if that is more convenient for you. I will be there every day until the Grand Opening Party on January 25.

Sat Jan 5
Sun Jan 6

Sat Jan 12
Sun Jan 13

Sat Jan 19
Sun Jan 20

Fri Jan 25 - Party setup

Please feel free to call me or email me directly for details
Vince
autotropheater@gmail.com
510-517-6132

Return to “2018 Archive”