OC: Salt Creek October 19th - CANCELLED!!!

Holds posts for RCCA Certified Divers from 2013

Moderators: dabbott, janfreiwald

Colleen Wisniewski
Southern California Program Manager

OC: Salt Creek October 19th - CANCELLED!!!

Postby Colleen Wisniewski » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 pm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS TRIP HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE ARE TRYING TO RESCHEDULE FOR NOVEMBER 10TH. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO.

Reef Check Divers,

It’s time for our fall survey at Salt Creek in Dana Point! I hope you can join us for a great boat dive in Orange County.

We will be boarding at 6:15 AM on the Riviera out of Dana Point. Make sure you arrive on time to load our gear onto the boat and to do boat waivers and our usual dive briefing. We will head out to do two dives in the Salt Creek kelp forest. Sounds like a great day to me!

Here are the details:

When: Saturday October 19th at 6:15 AM

Where: We will be on the Riviera out of Dana Point. Park nearby and unload and meet us with your gear first. We will do some basic pre-dive planning and we will get parking permits from the boat during our meeting - after we load our gear, we will move our cars across the lot to the long term parking area. Directions are here: http://www.rivierayachtcharters.com/directions/

What are we doing: Two survey dives at Salt Creek

What do I bring: The boat provides aluminum 80 tanks for your use. You are welcome to bring your own tanks, but the Riviera DOES NOT have a compressor, so if you prefer your own, bring two tanks. Don't forget all your scuba gear, including weights and all your survey gear (slate, transect, calipers, etc.). Sunscreen, warm clothes, your scuba certification card, etc. And if you are inclined to tip the crew for keeping us safe and well fed during the day, please plan to bring that as well.

PLEASE DO NOT BRING ROLLING GEAR BAGS/BOXES! They are great for transporting gear to/from your car, but the boat does not have a ton of extra deck space. If you have these bags, plan to unload your gear on the boat and then return the bulky bag to your car before we depart. As an alternative, you may want to consider scaling down to smaller, flexible mesh gear bags.

What does the boat provide: Aluminum 80 tanks, some small weights to fine tune your trim, snacks and drinks. Colleen will provide plenty of datasheets!

Suggested Donation:
Reef Check is striving to use our resources wisely. To help support the program, it is suggested that RCCA divers on boat charters may help defray the cost of supplies and boat costs by making a $30 donation to Reef Check - but really, any amount helps support the cause if you are able to do so. However, Reef Check will never turn away divers that either can't or choose not to donate. If you are interested, you can donate online by clicking on the link "Count Me In" under the Dive Calendar heading from the Reef Check California Home Page http://reefcheck.org/rcca/rcca_home.php

Reserve your space today as this trip is popular!

The team:
1. Colleen - fish
2. Mike I. - fish
3. Ted S - fish
4. David B - fish
5. Jet
6. Julianne - fish
7. Dirk B. - fish
13. Dana Point media
14. Dana Point media
15. Dana Point media
16. Dana Point media

Waitlist:

See you there!

Mike Ireland

Re: OC: Salt Creek on Rivera Saturday October 19th!

Postby Mike Ireland » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm in. -Mike

tsharshan@gmail.com

Postby tsharshan@gmail.com » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Colleen

Count me in on this one.

Ted S

albakral

Postby albakral » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Collen,

Please sign me on

David Baccini

Jet

Postby Jet » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Tentatively, I should be able to go. Please sign me up.

Thanks!
Jet

dirkburcham

Postby dirkburcham » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Sign me up for Salt Creek.
Thanks,
Dirk

Dirk Burcham

Jet

Postby Jet » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:09 am

Something come up at work and I won't able to make it for this trip.

But I will have a comp. day on the following week and this will allow me to go to the Anacapa/Santa Cruz one.

Jet

Colleen Wisniewski
Southern California Program Manager

Re: OC: Salt Creek October 19th - CANCELLED!!!

Postby Colleen Wisniewski » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 pm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS TRIP HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE ARE TRYING TO RESCHEDULE FOR NOVEMBER 10TH. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying to get this rescheduled and I will post the new date once it's confirmed.

If you haven't already done so, please let me know you got this message so I know not to call you on Friday.

Thanks for your understanding.

Return to “2013 Archive”