Welcome UCSB class of 2017!!!

Survey planning and reports

Moderators: dabbott, smcmillan, Katiekozma, janfreiwald, SeaDana, jmdiver

avreypf

Welcome UCSB class of 2017!!!

Postby avreypf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Howdy-

Great work so far - figuring out the forum is much rougher than searching for cool organisms underwater so congratulations!

I highly recommend checking out the "Google Calendar" forum post and links so that you can preview all of the dives that are already scheduled for this year.

To finish off your homework assignment please reply to this post with a quick description of your favorite dive spot in California.

My favorite spot would have to be the Pelagophycus forest off the East end of Santa Cruz Island- too deep to be a survey site, but a crazy cool place to check out when the current is not ripping.

Thanks again for joining the crew!

-Avrey

danielbaldwin

Re: Welcome UCSB class of 2017!!!

Postby danielbaldwin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:56 pm

My favorite dive spot in California was my first non beach dive, Cathedral Cove on East Anacapa. It was like visiting another planet for the first time, and I saw a swell shark too which was pretty gnarly.

garrettcorwin

Re: Welcome UCSB class of 2017!!!

Postby garrettcorwin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:21 pm

My favorite cold water dive was while at work on the Spectre a few weeks ago. The dive is called Underwater Island and it's on the back side of the West end of Anacapa Island. The best part of this dive is the 60ft wall that faces out to sea on the eastern most part of the dive spot. During the dive I saw so many things, most notably two 2 spot octopi and two navanax.

Return to “Southern California”